Send money faster...
INTERAC e-Transfer† is a simple, convenient, and secure way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another.
All you need is access to online or mobile banking, and you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and a bank account in Canada. There’s no need to share any personal or financial information.
When to use it
INTERAC e-Transfer† is a convenient, fast way to send money. Use it to:
- Pay a roommate for your portion of rent or bills
- Send some birthday cash to a family member
- Pay for everyday purchases such as housekeeping, babysitting or home repairs
- Pay in any situation as a great alternative to cheques and cash
How it works
When you send or receive an INTERAC e-Transfer†, the recipient is notified by email or text message. In a few easy clicks, the money is in their account.
- When you send an INTERAC e-Transfer†, it is cleared within 30 minutes and the recipient can deposit it immediately upon acceptance
Easy to use:
- All you need is a 1st Choice Savings account with Online Banking access, and the email address or mobile phone number of the person to whom you want to send money
- INTERAC e-Transfer† offers the same level of security and confidentiality as other trusted online banking transactions
- Your personal information is secure – email or text is used for communication purposes, but your funds are contained in our secure banking network
- No account numbers or other financial institution information is required
- A security question of your choosing protects your funds from being received by the wrong person
- $1.50 to send, which will be withdrawn from your account at the time of the transfer
- Free to receive (for non-participating financial institution deposits, a $4.00 service fee will be deducted from the transfer amount by Interac).
There are limits to the amounts you can send – for details, visit our Limits and Fees section.
If you don’t have Online Banking access yet, please contact your local branch.
For more info, click:
†Trade-mark of Interac Inc. Used under license.